Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote Desktop Access

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Neuro Nougami

Neuro Nougami

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:46 AM

I'm using 'Windows Vista Home Premium' and it recently occurred to me that certain people within my home could quite happily access my files remotely. I don't want this to happen, so I thought I'd disable remote access....however, it seems that it's not available on this version of Vista....but can someone on the 'right' version of vista still connect to my computer? Or is it just not possible since it's not available on mine?

Edited by Neuro Nougami, 09 December 2009 - 08:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:04 AM

hi,,,, if your sharing files over a home network then they can get in if its turned on and sharing is allowed with their computers,,,,, the network device will be the router,,,
type network sharing centre into start menu search box and press enter
when in there you will see some options,,,
network discovery
file sharing
media sharing etc,,,,
turn them all off
some one must then go into your pc and turn them all back on again to gain access and also stipulate which files folders etc that you want to share,,,,, so i would password protect the computer
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-v...d=1&catid=1
have a look round in the link
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users