Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Exhile

Exhile

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 13 August 2005 - 09:11 AM

My computar decided to freeze every 25-30 mins, so i formatted it and reloaded windows. and it still does it...any ideas

It started as a monitor/cpu frequency but when i kind or sorted that i got this problem so i formatted using dos and loaded back on and now it competly freezes every so often (music stops playing, cant use mouse ((like a screenshot))) id apprechiate any help ---exhile

Also I still get the message "The host frequency setting is not working on your CPU. You must enter SETUP to reconfigure your system..." Press F1 to Resume

I tryed resytroring the defaults in BIOS which but still doesnt work properly, please help!

Edited by Exhile, 13 August 2005 - 10:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:01 AM

Did you look and see if there was a flash upgrade available for your bios?

#3 Exhile

Exhile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:09 AM

Nope, sorry am not too good with computars. Do you know what might be causing the freezing?

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2005 - 01:22 PM

It can be caused by numerous things.

Tell us the details about your system.

#5 Exhile

Exhile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:05 AM

What kind of details? I dont really know the specifictions of it, but is there a way i can find them?

-----

I went on my computar and after bout 5 mins it rebooted so i looked in the event viewer and it said it had rebooted from a bug check :S i really dont know whats going on with my computer

Edited by Exhile, 14 August 2005 - 08:36 AM.

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2005 - 10:37 PM

Download and run Everest Home Edition. By the way, it is freeware.

Everest Home Edition (the successor of AIDA32) is a system information and benchmarking tool with full hardware & software information available as freeware for the individual user. It comes with a built-in hardware database and physical information for CPU, motherboard, hard disks, optical drives, chipset and much more.

Download here:
http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.p...ang=en&pageid=3
or here:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/everest.html

It will tell you everything about your system - all software and hardware. It will tell you what the temperatures are for your hard drive, memory and processor and what processor you have. It will tell you if the fans are running and what speed they are running at.

What operating system do you have, Win XP?

Edited by Enthusiast, 14 August 2005 - 10:38 PM.

#7 Exhile

Exhile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:09 AM

Yer, XP home edition. I am not sure but maybe its the CPU or heat of it? Ill download this programme and seee if its hot. What temps are "hot" for a CPU?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users