Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to install Wireless lan Card

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 scooby000

scooby000

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:55 AM

Im running a Gateway MX6211b laptop with XP Home edition, my problem is i cant get the drivers to install for the wireless lan mini card ( broadcom 802.11 multiband).
Driver installation reports "error code 31 windows was unable to load drivers"Iv tried the uninstall/reinstall method. Also, i have the latest drivers from the manufacturers site. All windows updates have been d/l and applied. Im not sure if this is relevent but in the bios there is an entry .... Wireless Lan....[restore] (which is greyed out). Do i or can i enable this. Bios ver 77.09. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:44 AM

If the broadcom 802.11 multiband is the built in wireless then I would say yes you need to Enable it in BIOS. How to do that, I am not sure.

Here is a picture of the bottom of your laptop. Under the panel labeled G should be the built in wireless card. My suggestion would be: Uninstall the wireless card from device manager -> shut the laptop down -> flip it over -> take off the panel labeled as G -> pop out the wireless card that is in there -> replace the panel -> flip it back over and turn it on. Let it boot all the way up. Then shut it down and put the card back in. Turn it on and see what happens when it boots. Maybe then it will take the driver.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 scooby000

scooby000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:27 AM

Thanks for the reply CaveDweller2. iv sorted the problem now. I was keen to try windows 7 so i installed 7 ultimate. On first boot it found everything i needed and works great. Thank you anyway for taking the time to reply.

And BTW.... merry xmas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users