Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

transfering files from one pc to another

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bomkata

bomkata

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:46 PM

i did not know where to post this and i cannot find it.

i want to make my pc a server or use a ftp program or something i don't care what it is just as long as it is kinda easy to use.

i need to transfer a lot of high mb files to my sisters pc. i can remote into her pc via log me in but cannot transer the fies that way so i figured i would get a ftp server adn client program.

i cannot figure out how to use them or how to set them up.. any help you guys can give me would be great. please nothing to complicated my head will explode i have been working on this for 3 days and im on some strong pain killers cuase i broke my leg in 4 places B).

again thank you so much for your quick and helpful in...

ps the one program i got was FileZilla Server Interface and i installed the client on her pc but it wont connect, i also have fireftp which i dont know how to set up and the directions are not clear. :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:50 PM

If you have both PCs at the same location, you can make use of a CROSSOVER CABLE.

This looks like an ordinary Ethernet cable but has interchanged wiring to allow exchange of data in such cases.
You simply ask for a crossover cable at your computer store.

Make sure both PCs have an Ethernet port for this to work.

Now simply link the Ethernet ports on both PCs using the crossover cable.

Note that both PCs need to have the same workgroup name "My Network Places" and that they have different computer names.
Also make sure, your PC can be accessed by other computers.

All you have to do now, is look for your computer(computer name) through "My Network Places" on your sister's PC and your now connected to it. You can access the content your sharing on your PC and copy them to your sister's hard disk.

You'll find plenty of tutorial/guides on how to set up two PCs for transferring files using a crossover cable.

Edited by ReviverSoft, 09 December 2009 - 06:53 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users