Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser Hijacked, need help!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#16 ingsoc

ingsoc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:09 PM

I think the infection is just a key generator, they almost always get called viruses. I'l lremove it htough, and do the clean-up you suggested.

Thank you so much Ried. Is contributing to the ongoing development of combofix the best way to repay you? If so, I certainly will. Why is it that I tried every possible commercially available removal tool, and none of them worked, and yet you guys have combofix and give free help? You make the world a much better place, and you do it without trying to make a profit...Why?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 Ried

Ried

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,009 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 26 December 2009 - 01:46 AM

I think the infection is just a key generator, they almost always get called viruses.

No, that most definitely carries a specific infection.

Thank you so much Ried. Is contributing to the ongoing development of combofix the best way to repay

Yes, in this particular case it is since it is ComboFix and the tireless efforts of its author that made my job a whole lot easier than it could have been. :(

New infections, as well as new methods of infecting systems are never ending. The AV companies find out about them, and work very hard to find ways to safely deal with them. It's a cat and mouse game. It always has been, and always will be.

Why do I do this...? It's as you said - to try to make the world a better place by helping one another. My only hope is that the effort is paid forward in some way, at some point, by at least some of those that I've assisted. :(

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2010, 2011, 2012

"It is one life whether we spend it laughing or weeping." "Take the time to laugh--it is the music of the soul."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users