Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rundll Error at System Start Up After Removing Virus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rholmes4

rholmes4

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:16 PM

Hello Everyone,

I recently was on my laptop and was infected with a fake antivirus, so I ran my antivirus ( malwarebytes and avira) which it found and removed the virus. After removing the fake antivirus I restarted my computer and a rundll error poped up that said:

Error Loading C:\windows\ijizimocinexil.dlll The specified module could not be found.,

I am unable to start the computer into safe more now, When I try to go to safe mode the blue screen comes on an says there is an error and when I start my computer normally it has the rundll error. Everything seems to still work just fine and the computer seems to be pretty much the same speed. What would be the first step towards cleaning my computer of any infections?

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 6000 Running Windows xp Service Pack 2

Edited by rholmes4, 08 December 2009 - 09:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users