Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ipadrset.log normal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 louise123

louise123

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:58 PM

Is it normal to have a log file called IpAdrSet.log in your temp folder? Ive had some viruses and malware and not sure if theyre gone or not as having a very hard time working out what im doing. Is this file normal or a sign of a virus?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 louise123

louise123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:08 PM

Title was: Major trojan/virus probs ~ OB

I had a few trojans/viruses and im not sure if they've gone because every time run a different scan find something else..... I think ive had vundo, and alureon amongst others, 4 types of rogue antimalware were also downloaded as when I first logged in to my infected PC. If I post a hijack this log is it possible for someone to tell me if my system is clean? Also, if ive been running the virus/malware scans with system restore on and so I think theres copies of the malware in my system restore files, will disabling this, scanning and then renabling system restore delete any malware that has been backed up in here??

Edited by Orange Blossom, 08 December 2009 - 09:57 PM.

#3 louise123

louise123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:41 PM

Title was: Files in temp folder help ~ OB

The following folders keep appearing in my temp folders: _avast4_ (ive been running scans lately so assume thats why that is there)

but the ones I dont know about are:

IpAdrSet.log
.bin files (these all have a nationality in front of them e.g. japanese.bin file, spanish.bin file- theres about 20)
CXFER_CASH folder (empty)
WPDNSE folder (empty)

Just panicing as recently had some trojans and just cant work out if they're gone........ scared!! lol

Edited by Orange Blossom, 08 December 2009 - 09:58 PM.
Merged 3 topics, 2 from HJT and one from XP. ~ OB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users