Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser problems Split

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 fixmyfreakincomputer

fixmyfreakincomputer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:46 PM

I am using the latest internet explorer and the OS I'm running is Windows vista home premium. Whenever I do a any internet searches using google, yahoo etc.. the searches will come up just fine. However, when I click a search internet explorer window will freeze. The only way i can view a search is if i click "Cached". The only thing it will let me do in the window is open a new tab. I can't even close it. The only way to close down IE when this happens is using task manager. This happens when i do any searches on a search engine. If I type in a direct URL up in the URL box, it will load completely fine.

it originally started when I did windows update, so I went into control panel and set the computer back a few weeks to an earlier checkpoint, then it started working fine. I also changed windows update settings to only update when I allow it, and I haven't updated anything since. So for a few days the problem was gone and just last night it started again, so I'm thinking an infection maybe. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also did a scan myself and Adware.MyWebSearch was found. It was sucessfully deleted. I restarted my computer and I was online and there was no problem for all of 10 seconds, because after that it started doing the same thing. so I'm thinking its the Adware.MyWebSearch.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by fixmyfreakincomputer, 08 December 2009 - 06:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users