Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ahopelessshadow

ahopelessshadow

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:09 PM

Im not sure if this is the appropriate place to put this but ill try here

Ok so today when I booted up my computer I got an error saying the file or directory C\: programData\CA\Consumer\CCube is corrupted or unreadable Please run the Chkdsk utility. I ran the ChkDsk utility and it stopped at 9%, I tried next to do a system restore and it says: the disk SQ004660V08 (C:) has errors. Windows has detected file system corruption on SQ004660V08 (C:). You must check the disk for errors before it can restored. I run the Error check and it stops and just quits about 2/3rds of the way through. I then tried uninstalling and reinstalling CA security suite but when I reinstall I get the first message of file corruption and it quits.

Please Help.

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:15 PM

How long do you wait for ChkDsk to continue after it appears to stall.

Something you can try. Uninstall CA. Then run ChkDsk. Give it time to finish. If it finishes successfully try reinstalling CA again.

#3 ahopelessshadow

ahopelessshadow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:23 PM

Its not that it stalls it just quits

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:59 PM

Quits? Meaning the screen go`s blank? The PC restarts?

#5 ahopelessshadow

ahopelessshadow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:21 PM

No the chkdsk just quits the computer runs fine, I just went back to it and now im getting erorrs for almost all my programs, adobe, itunes etc none of them run.

#6 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:40 PM

It looks like you may have a hard drive going bad in your Toshiba computer. This "SQ004660V08 (C:)" is what gave it away.

I'm guessing you probably have a toshiba hard drive just as mine did. Unfortunately from what I have been able to find, Toshiba does not make a drive testing utility.

You can try the Seagate Seatools for DOS diagnostics and run a generic diagnostic test on it.

I must forewarn you that any testing whether it says it is destructive or non-destructive does have the possibility of making things worse if the drive is failing. A failing drive will be put through its paces at a very high rate which will stress it beyond normal use. Thus making the possibility of failure much greater.

Hope this helps,
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users