Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random new windows popping up on startup

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 aquilaprez

aquilaprez

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:16 PM

Hello and thanks in advance for the help.

I am having weird problems. It all started when I was trying to scan some pics. I have a Dell V505 and I was trying to get the Dell software to open on my computer - and it wouldn't open.

So I tried going to the web and download a new print driver - thinking i needed to reinstall. The website closed for no apparant reason.

I think - I must have some malware. So I try to run my malware bytes - but first try to update it and I receive a message saying it can't be updated. (I have a version 5.8.2009 Database version 2094)

So I try to run Malware bytes anti malware anyway - and it freezes.

So I think - safe mode. So I go to safe mode, and try to log in as an administrator - it asks for a password. I have never set a password on my computer.

So I reboot and this new window appears on my desktop. IT is a grey box that says at the top "Windows Installer" and below says preparing to install and has a cancel button. I try to cancel it - nothing happens.

Other weird things - When I try to open my Mcafee - the logo box appears and freezes.

I tried to print a document from MS Word that I need and Word won't open.

So needless to say, I feel pretty SOL.

Any thing you can do to help?

I have a dell inspiron 1505 with windows XP

Thanks
David

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users