Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

reinstalled ich9, but still have old version in device manager

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 chopficaro

chopficaro

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:12 PM

* Product: Intel® Chipset Device Software
* Release: Production Version
* Version: 9.1.1.1019
* Target Chipset#: Intel® 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset
* Date: August 18 2009

i installed this trying to update my ich9, but in the device manager, it still says i have version 8.3.0.1016 dated 9/25/2007

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:28 PM

You can try to uninstall current drivers...reboot, install the new.

Louis

#3 chopficaro

chopficaro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:47 PM

ok i just tried too but when i restarted the computer, it recognized all my devices and reinstalled the old driver before i could install the new one. i try having windows update the driver, but it cant find it even though im staring the installer on my desktop

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:37 PM

In that case...simply try to update, assuming that you have the correct drivers downloaded.

Note: I do not suggest ever using Windows Update for driver updates, go directly to the respective correct website and download.

Louis

#5 chopficaro

chopficaro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:45 AM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...8-337-_-Product
this is my motherboard with p35 nb and ich9 sb
ive already tried reinstalling directx and several versions of catalyst,
if i run dxdiag, the system cannot see anything
i downloaded the first on the list of chipsets, extracted them to c:\, deleted every process i could including the explorer, and ran c:\setup.exe -overall and got the error message "an unknown error occurred". ive tried installing t a bunch of ways now and it still says that i have the old version installed in the device manager

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:32 AM

Out of curiosity...just why are you trying to update this particular set of drivers?

Louis

#7 chopficaro

chopficaro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:28 PM

because i just got a new graphix card, and when i try to play games i get directx errors. i think i did everything right, uninstalling nvidia stuff and everything, its tech support at radeon that thinks that im having trouble installing catalyst because my chipset drivers are old.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:29 PM

Not to contradict "expert opinions"...but I would hardly consider chipset drivers from 2 years ago as being incompatible with today's ATI drivers.

ATI drivers have/create enough problems on their own...without an assist from chipset drivers.

Sooo...let's get back to the real, perceived problem...what happened when you tried to install the CCC/ATI drivers?

FWIW: Do you even use CCC? I mean...I used to install it but I never used it for anything. Have you tried just installing the drivers downloads?

What was the first error message you received...before you began your homemade efforts to resolve the situation?

For that matter...what card are you trying to install?

Louis

#9 chopficaro

chopficaro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:45 PM

5750hd
i dont know what ccc is, there was something called folding at home that the driver came with, but i didnt install it. i tried the drivers from the disk that came with the graphix card and drivers downloaded directly from the ati website. when i press install, the catalyst window disappears, and i look at the installer process in the task manager, it takes up a little processing power at first but eventually the process disappears.

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:15 PM

Details matter...take a look at the card/package and list the full name.

Different manufacturers make cards with that chipset, it's good to get the right manufacturer.

The drivers on the CD is the one that you should have installed....they are on the CD because they are known to work.

I still don't see how you went from inability to install drivers...to trying to update chipset drivers (which normally don't require such).

Louis

#11 chopficaro

chopficaro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:52 PM

because radeons tech support told me that i cant install any version of catalyst, weather it be on the cd or from radeons site, because my chipset is outdated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users