Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NISIS Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 joolz404

joolz404

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:02 PM

Hi Guys, I'm trying to install fruity loops 9 but the installer won't run. Its not the only one either - AVG9 and MS word also refuse to install. I've also been getting some BSOD's. I've deduced that its not the firewall, or the network card etc... so must be a virus? I have a log file for you.

Any ideas??? Thanks - Jules

EDIT: Log removed-not allowed in this forum

Edited by garmanma, 09 December 2009 - 09:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:38 PM

hi,,, im just wondering why your trying to install avg in a machine that already has avast running in realtime,,,, this will always cause issues,, you must completely uninstall one before installation of the other,,,, i would stick with Avast,,,,,, i also see you have Malwarebytes on your machine,,,,, update the virus definitions and do a full scan with it,,,,
good luck
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 joolz404

joolz404
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:41 PM

I have avast now because it DID install... I was trying with AVG9 before, but to no avail. I agree that avast is probably better. I've tried the malwarebytes scan and it did find 13 trojans which I deleted but this did not solve the problem. I suspect the memory may be corrupt, because every now and then there will be a message saying such and such program has stopped working and offers to look online for a solution, or to close program. Buying new ram might sort it out. No???

#4 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:58 AM

hi,,,, mbam has probably cleaned them out but some of these nasties can re generate,,,, use atf cleaner first then come off line and run mbam again (update first)
also download SAS,,, superantispyware free version,,, update and scan
http://www.atribune.org/index.php?option=c...5&Itemid=25
http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html
see if this helps,,,,
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users