Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office not installed for this user

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NigelHaddow

NigelHaddow

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:04 AM

Good Morning

I tidied up my harddrive to give me a little more space and speed and think I may have deleted something important! I cannot open any of the office programmes without getting a message "Microsoft Office *** has not been installed for the current user. Please sun set-up to install the application"

I have searched for a solution on line.

.I followed Microsofts advise but found the security settings were all as they should be for explorer.
.Everyone has full control on the OPA11.dat file.
.I copied an older version of MSO.DLL over the top of the current version.
.I deleted OPA11.dat
.I repaired office from the disk
.I repaired office from the Microsoft menu
.I uninstalled office completely and reinstalled
.I uninstalled office completely again. Re-booted. Cleaned the registry. Rebooted again. Cleaned the registry again. Rebooted. Reinstalled Office from the disk
.I set up a new user account

I can now use office under the new user name but would like to use my old user account. What more can I do?

Please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:16 AM

This article may help:

How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151