Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet slowdown after installing Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TravisL

TravisL

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:19 PM

I just reciently installed Windows 7 Ultimate since then my download speed has been around .20 mb/s. Upload speed is fine around 3 mb/s. I've looked around the web and have disabled autotuner and unchecked IPv6 but nothing has changed. I'm on an universtiy network and their IT department said nothing is wrong with the internet coming in. Any other suggestions of settings I'll need to change?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aus Smithy

Aus Smithy

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:23 AM

Suggestios:
Check for a new Win 7 driver for your NIC card.
What security software are you running? Is it clashing with Uni software?
Try going into Tools and stopping (one by one) any checking software like Pop-up blocker, smart screen Filter and disable any unnecessary Add-ons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users