Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Torrents

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ldgriffin

ldgriffin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:07 PM

So i just cleared my computer of this "antivirus system pro" virus, that i assume was from something i downloaded. I ran combofix and its gone, or so i thought! Initially i thought it was from piratebay.org, so i steered clear of that site.. i downloaded a torrent from isohunt i believe it was and WHALA, the virus is back, literally as soon as i click download, whats the problem here i know numerous people who use piratebay and related torrent sites with no problems at all, but it seems that everytime i download one i am instantly bombarded with this extremely annoying virus. Is it hiding on my computer somewhere and resurfacing or what..please help, its driving me nuts!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 azfreetech

azfreetech

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:50 PM

Torrents will get you every time!

Ok, nuff said on that subject LOL. Use Rkill to stop the rootkit processes that start when the computer comes on. Then I run the Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware. Here are some DL links for the Rkill....

LINK 1
LINK 2
LINK 3
LINK 4

Save it to your desktop and then double click to launch it (With Vista you need to right click and select run as administrator). You should see a little black window open and then close. If you see that box then it worked. If you don't see the black box then delete the file and use another download link and repeat the steps.

After it runs see if you can get online and install, update and run Malwarebytes. After scanning with MBAM, remove what it finds. Next you want to install, update and run SUPERAntiSpyware.

Remove what it finds as well.
DJ Digital Gem

I gave up on computers and now I just DJ!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users