Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP!!!! LIQUID SPILLED ON ASUS LAPTOP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 krazy2chat

krazy2chat

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:51 PM

Asus notebook X58L- a TINY (two table spoons worth) bit of coke was spilt on the laptop (near the on/off button)
Liquid was wiped off straight away
wiped up and the power source was removed

Since then, the laptop was left to air out, for a day and the battery was removed.

When the battery is put in, and the power source is connected, the standby light, battery light and the "sleep" light are all flashing.

What could be the problem? Can we fix it without technicians?
help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheEgg

TheEgg

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:12 PM

Ewww. Soda is sticky. If you were me, me would take apart the computer (the major parts) and inspect and clean everything off with a moist towelette or a wet but ringed out paper towel with maybe a touch of soap (I often touch the wet towel on a bar of soap).

Someone at eggxpert.com said I was stupid when I mentioned that I clean keyboards by running them under a faucet. I have yet to ruin an electronic item by getting it wet. Except that time I ruined that Mario's Cement Factory Game & Watch from 1983. I don't think I really ruined it though. I was a kid and stupid and just threw it out instead of waiting for it to dry more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users