Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Condolences

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 12 August 2005 - 10:43 PM

Just the other day, a regular call had turned fatal. A good muslim friend and an officer had died. The good samiritan had seen the officer struggling to get the suspect under arrest and stopped to help. And, in an instant, their lives were tragically ended.

Pima deputy, 2 others die after hit by truck
Sheriff's department mourns deputy killed during struggle
Funeral services set for deputy killed near Tucson
Deputy, good Samaritan dead in Tucson

Sorry for all the links, but I have to get it out. You know? The funeral prayer that was held at my community's mosque had half of the Sheriff's department attending, and all the local media was there too.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 12 August 2005 - 11:17 PM

Oh legoman786, I am so sorry something like that happened in your community. It must be a shock for everyone. It's just sad that someone tries to help and pays the highest price for doing so. Prayers and thoughts for the fallen officer and the samaritan.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#3 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2005 - 07:03 PM

nobody else cares that a cop died for doing the right thing? um... i bet everyone would be interested if i told you how a marine died in Iraq, for doing something that wasn't right at all.

And Pandy, I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. For our muslim friend and fellow officer.

Edited by legoman786, 13 August 2005 - 07:04 PM.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2005 - 07:17 PM

Hi legoman786,

My prayers go out to you and your friends family. The deputy is an emergency services brother and will be greatly missed. I also send condolences to the families of the other two men. This is a tragedy. The guy who stopped is a hero in my eyes. He went above and beyond the call of community duty.

I also understand you are upset with the response of your post. Please do not discount the life of a solder. He serves his country - right or wrong in the peoples eyes. They follow orders and do a job that most wouldn't. They are true heroes as well.

I wish you well legoman...

Rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#5 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 13 August 2005 - 07:27 PM

Legoman Let me apologize for not getting to this sooner. I sometimes have trouble finding the right words in a time like this. But I do care. I wish that you did not have to experience this pain. His family will need you and all of thier friends now. Try and keep strong.

I am so sorry that this has happened. All emergency personal are heros!
They are out there saving lives and risking thier own on a daily basis. I thank them one and all.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families.

Edited by Scarlett, 13 August 2005 - 07:36 PM.

Posted Image

#6 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:05 PM

yea sorry about the disrespect of the soldiers who serve their country, i jusy got upset that this post had been sitting here for a few days now without replies.

and thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. lots of peoples' dreams were shattered that night.

- Rick Cook

#7 Exspider

Exspider

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:11 PM

This is something that we should never forget. It matters not where you come from, only what you do.
Your friends and the numbers all add up, we're just here to count them.......
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 catweazle

catweazle

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:35 PM

legoman, i'm sure that many, like myself, read your post and were genuinly saddened by it,and perhaps didn't respond,(as in my case)because i didn't feel i could find the right words.My apologies and sincere condolences to you and the victims families.

#9 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2005 - 06:54 PM

I'm sorry to hear about this legoman. My prayers go out to the families.

#10 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2005 - 08:08 PM

um... i just noticed that there is nomore edit button... i wanna delete that one reply but i cant bcuz there is no edit button.

- Rick Cook

#11 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2005 - 08:10 PM

Legoman the edit button dissapears after 24 hours from your last edit to the post.

#12 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2005 - 10:51 PM

I am very sad to hear about this news. :thumbsup: My prayers go out to the families.

#13 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2005 - 11:23 PM

Legoman the edit button dissapears after 24 hours from your last edit to the post.

shoot... oh well, i just want you to know that i dont mean anything about that one specific reply...

and this is the first (and mostlikely not last) time, i have felt so sad about somebody whom i did not know. i guess its just the feeling that someone of your faith has moved on, when it is in time of need. idk.

- Rick Cook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users