Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows media player 11 won't burn CD's

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pupzit

pupzit

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:54 PM

Hi All; this is my first post. Hope you can help. Windows media player11 works great until I try to burn my "burn" list, then I get a message at top to connect to a recording device and restart burn. I have gone through the setup several times and both CD & DVD burner are set up as default on media player. I have also unistalled media pl :thumbsup: ayer 11 back to the basic and reinstalled. Any suggestions

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:20 PM

Some things you can try:
  • If you recently installed some burning software, uninstall it.
  • Use the fix given on this Microsoft page.
  • Use a different brand of CD/DVD.
  • Clean the laser using one of those drive cleaning kits (or if it is a laptop, carefully wipe the laser with a soft dry cloth).
  • Open the Device Manager (Start > Run > type "devmgmt.msc"). Locate the CD/DVD drive, right click on it and select "Uninstall". After it has uninstalled reboot the computer (it will be automatically reinstalled).

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 pupzit

pupzit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:28 PM

:flowers: Works great thanks a load!!!! :thumbsup:
Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic