Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus System Pro

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sunshinydays

sunshinydays

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:41 PM

Hello everyone!

Microsoft Windows XP

Problem: ANTIVIRUS SYSTEM PRO

I need help with getting rid of this virus. I cannot access any windows, the task manager, restore point, can't open any safe modes without getting these 2 boxes below. A tech suggested downloading malwarebytes. I have tried to put CD's and a flashdrive in, but get nothing but these 2 boxes. My question is, how do you get anything to work if you can't open anything on your computer? If I buy this software, will it automatically work in the CD drive? Thank you for any suggestions?

Sunshinydays

1st box: C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon86.exe

2nd box: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon86.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswMonVd.dll. An installable Virtual Device Driver failed Dll initialization.
Choose 'Close' to terminate this application.

Sunshinydays

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 azfreetech

azfreetech

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:23 PM

It sounds like the infection has you pretty well locked down so this is what I woudl do. If you have a known working computer, remove the infected hard drive and slave it on to the other computer. RUn your scans on the infected drive, remove what they find and then re-install the drive back in its original computer.
DJ Digital Gem

I gave up on computers and now I just DJ!

#3 sunshinydays

sunshinydays
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:10 PM

Hi AZfreetech,

Thank you for replying again. I appreciate the help. I am new to this forum, so hopefully, you get this post.

Ever since my computer has been dying this slow death, I have read many posts on this website regarding virus removal and I was excited to try Malwarebytes, RKill, etc. My brother-in-law suggested that I restore my computer back to the original operating state that I bought it in. I would love to find an alternative to that. I have so many valuable pictures on my computer that I can't even imagine losing them. You suggested removing my harddrive and placing it another computer. Won't that compromise the other computer? How difficult is it to remove a harddrive? Is that the only way I can get my computer to open up?

Thank you,
Sunshinydays

#4 azfreetech

azfreetech

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:52 PM

No, it will not compromise the other computer if all you do is run the scans and remove what they find; I do this all the time. You can try using Hirens Boot CD 10.0 which has some scans it can run before the OS boots; you would want to actually boot from the CD.
DJ Digital Gem

I gave up on computers and now I just DJ!

#5 sunshinydays

sunshinydays
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:03 PM

Hi AZfreetech,

Sorry, it took me so long to respond...my daughter had a baby...JOY to the World!

Now back to my computer woes...will a harddrive from a Dell Inspiron 9400/E1705 laptop fit into an older model desktop IBM Aptiva, Model E3N? I feel like I will be performing surgery...gotta read up on what and where the heck these harddrives are!

Thank, again
Happy Holidays!
Sunshinydays

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users