Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card Not Functioning Proper;y

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ShaneTeed

ShaneTeed

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:09 PM

I recently added a PNY Verto GeForce 8400 GS 512 MB (PCI) card to my system. This was to replace GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 onboard at 128MB. The problem is that after getting the video card installed, it is being outperformed by the on board. I've changed all manner of video settings to make sure it wasn't trying to outdo itself, and where the onboard was running Lord of the Rings Online at low settings, the card is also. I've updated drivers, which started to cause a display driver crash, so i rolled back, and still the same performance.
I also ran the FFXI benchmark and got a 2081 with the card (very poor), and a 3733 (which is actually very good, almost all settings turned to max) with the onboard.
Any suggestions on what is wrong with my card's configuration, or some other potential hardware conflict would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edited by ShaneTeed, 07 December 2009 - 04:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users