Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus Live help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dan2480

Dan2480

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:29 PM

I read the thread http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...-antivirus-liveand am unable to download malware bytes to install because I'm not ADMIN for my old work computer. Since I do not have access I'd like to delete the virus manually... I have yet to locate the sysguard.exe although i was able to stop the process. Currently it's not harming my computer but working slow, although when I reboot it'll be back. I guess what I'm wanting to ask is what can I delete registry wise to stop it from functioning?

So far I got rid of avscan...can i delete the rest of the registry entries listed on the above page or is that a no go?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:17 PM

Since you say this a work computer, you need to contacted and advise your IT Department? In most work environments, the IT staff implement specific policies and procedures for the use of computer equipment and related resources. In fact, many companies will require you to read those policies and sign a statement of understanding. These official procedures are designed and implemented to provide security and certain restrictions to protect the network. This allows all users to safely use business resources with minimum risk of malware infection, illegal software, and exposure to inappropriate Internet sites or other prohibited activity. We cannnot take action to help someone circumvent such policies.

Further, the IT staff generally has procedures in place to deal with issues and infections on client machines on the network. As such, they may not approve of employees seeking help at an online forum or outside the business office. The malware you are dealing with may have infected the network. If that's the case, the IT Department needs to be advised right away so they can take the appropriate measures.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users