Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected Windows.UpdateHijack

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 ralnraln

ralnraln

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:15 PM

Hello all

I've used Malwarebytes with great success before however it is unable to help me in my Update-Hijack issue I have updated windows.. after being terminally frustrated with this issue after a few months I updated windows.. and that made things horribly worse lol can't access very much or create anything new. after restarting the computer I can't install any updates for malware - the last update uninstalled the program and I get a Registry errror anytime I try to install a new malware type software " RegCreateKeyEx failed; code 5 Access Denied"

I have followed the steps to post the DDS & Root Repeal however the DDS doesn't run correctly and is given an access denied error
I have run the RootRepeal successfully and will attach the results as ark.txt and a ScreenShot describing the DSS error

Thank You I look very forward to help
Ken

Attached Files

• Attached File  ark.txt   29.18KB   12 downloads
  • Attached File  sshot.JPG   48.89KB   4 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,204 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:18 AM

Hello ,
And :( to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum
. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.

I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.

Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.

You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.
-----------------------------------------------------------
If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.

If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.

I am sorry to hear about your problem. As explained above, we are really swamped by logs. We are all volunteers and we all have a real life...

Please let me know what happened that made your computer unbootable. We might be able to get it booting again.

Let me know if you have your windows installation disk(s) and/or the possibility to burn a CD.

If you do not need my help, I will close this topic.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#3 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,204 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 25 December 2009 - 06:51 AM

Due to lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

If you are the original topic starter and you need this topic reopened, please send me a PM.

Everyone else, please start a new topic.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users