Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need .jar internet browser for NOKIA 6300

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 5thForce

5thForce

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:41 AM

hello.........i need help.....
i am using nokia 6300 and i want free browser to surf on GPRS(internet)...
i have been using OPERA MINI for browsing but recently i have updated NOKIA 6300 software to new version and after that OPERA MINI is displaying network connection error in my cell phone.....but when i use my in built browser all things works perfect...

so i need alternative to opera mini for my cell phone......

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:23 PM

Are you running a Series 40 OS thats updated or did you get Series 60 on your phone with the update? As I understand it, .jar is not supported with Series 40 OS. I'm not familiar with Nokia's OS so I cannot verify that information.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 5thForce

5thForce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:59 PM

Series 40 3rd Edition...........
Posted Image

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:38 PM

The only other 3rd party browser I was able to find that is Symbian compatible is Skyfire. However it appears to be a Series 60 browser. I checked the Skyfire forums quickly and I was unable to find any references to Series 40. Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions as I am rather unfamiliar with that mobile OS.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 5thForce

5thForce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:40 AM

I tried to install Opera Mini 5 on my nokia 6300 it installs half way then i get an error message saying “resource download failed java.io.IOEception” does anyone know how to fix this? please help!!

I have also tried older version (WorKing perfectly before formatting/flashing my nokia 6300) but it also displayed same error
“resource download failed java.io.IOEception”
Posted Image

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:42 PM

I was unable to find a fix for that error, but there are numerous reports of that issue, if you google it.

You might try the Opera Mini forums since it it product specific. http://my.opera.com/community/forums/forum.dml?id=111

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#7 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:10 PM

Are you sure the settings haven't changed after the phone software update?
Try requesting and saving the GPRS settings from your carrier again.

S40 clearly supports .JAR files, so that isn't the problem.

The "network connection error" occurs when Opera isn't able to utilize the internet connection using the current gprs settings.
So you definitely have to get it configured.

Also, I suggest you use Opera mini 4.2.
Version 5 is still in the beta stage.

Edited by ReviverSoft, 09 December 2009 - 07:11 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#8 5thForce

5thForce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:43 AM

yes I am sur, I have configured my GPRS properl.....I have also checked older version of Opera mini 4.2, 2 etc but not working......

i think i have to flash my mobile again...this is only solution is available for me ...

anyway thank to All.. for SHOWING INTEREST IN GETTING SOLUTION OF MY PROBLEM

thanks
Posted Image

#9 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:04 PM

yes I am sur, I have configured my GPRS properl.....I have also checked older version of Opera mini 4.2, 2 etc but not working......

i think i have to flash my mobile again...this is only solution is available for me ...

anyway thank to All.. for SHOWING INTEREST IN GETTING SOLUTION OF MY PROBLEM

thanks

There is a way you can utilize the GPRS connection for Opera and other apps. by sending a 'pre-configured settings' file to your phone.
You'll have to search for it though.

Flashing your phone's software won't yield any results.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users