Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desperate for help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 amport81

amport81

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 12 August 2005 - 06:58 PM

I really need some help!!! My laptop is running very slow. I have an old version of HijackThis, but because my computer is so slow....I can't download the newer version (I've been trying for the past few hours, but I've only progressed from 14% to 15% completion within the last hour!). I've tried to include my HijackThis log from the older version (hoping it may be of some value), but just keep getting a response that my version is out-of-date. Anyway, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 14 August 2005 - 11:45 PM

Hello amport81 and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. yes, you will need a copy of HijackThis v1.99.1 to post a log in this forum. If it cannot be downloaded to this machine then it will need to be downloaded to a differnet machine and transferred to this machine on a floppy disk.

Almost every fix will require the downloading of additional software for cleaning purposes so if this machine is not capable of downloading anything, then a fix will be difficult to achieve. You will need a means to download files and transfer them to this machine.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users