Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

When I download music onto MP3 player, the music that was on is deleted

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 reconciler

reconciler

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:48 PM

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is it a settings issue in Windows Media or on the clip? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 reconciler

reconciler
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:20 AM

I should have clarified my title a little bit. After new songs are downloaded, whatever was on the mp3 player is deleted. So, I am just left with the few new songs that I've downloaded. Has anyone ever heard of this problem before? Thanks for any help.

#3 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:04 PM

I mostly use Creative brand players, and have never had a Clip, but I can make a suggestion.

What software are you using to transfer music files? Is there a checkbox or menu option that says something like "clear player when new songs are loaded" or "replace content?" Or perhaps an unchecked option to "append new music?"

Those are my best guesses.

#4 reconciler

reconciler
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:24 PM

Hi - thanks for the reply. I am using Windows Media and, from what I've seen, I don't think there are those options. I could be wrong. The Windows Media version is different than what I'm used to and is driving me crazy. I'll look into it a little bit more and see.

#5 reconciler

reconciler
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:44 PM

I don't see any kind of options like those listed in a couple of posts back that I can adjust. Any other suggestions or maybe I'm missing something in Windows Media?

#6 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:13 PM

Sorry to leave you hanging. The fact is, I never use Windows Media Player, so I can't help with that. One of the reasons I gave up on WMP many years ago was that it was so-ooo hard to find how to change defaults on the darn thing. :thumbsup:

Anyway, good luck!

#7 reconciler

reconciler
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:43 PM

No problem, Capn Easy -- actually, I went onto Sansa's forums and they just advised me to drag and drop from Windows explorer to my clip. So, that worked and I'm so bad at computer stuff, that I had never thought of that. I'm staying away from WMP now, too. They also said I could try changing a setting on my clip, but since it's so easy to just drag and drop in explorer, I'll just do it that way.

#8 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:22 PM

I'm going to assume that I'm not violating any protocols here by mentioning another forum, but a great place to find info on MP3 players is the forum section of Anythingbutipod.com. They cover general information and have sub-forums that are dedicated to just about any model except ... ipod. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users