Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I cannot delete program file that no longer exist

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Phoenixgirl2012

Phoenixgirl2012

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:05 PM

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me. I downloaded two programs for a online college algebra course. I cannot delete the program files, when I try the uninstall/change button I receive this message...

"The following file does not exist or is not a valid installation log" is there anything I can do to get rid of these programs or whatever is left of the programs? :huh: Thanks for any help and advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:16 PM

You are uninstalling them from Control Panel.
Some programs can only be uninstalled from their uninstall shortcuts in Start Menu (yes bad programming)

Click on Start Menu, select All Programs, look for the program you installed, click on its folder. You should be able to see the Uninstall icon there.

#3 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:33 AM

Try Revo in installer - download & save to desktop; RIGHT-click on Revo icon, select "Run as Admin"

Revo --> http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninst...e_download.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2 [MVP]

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users