Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Freezes up randomly and 4 no reason

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Skyler747

Skyler747

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:23 PM

HI-

I am running XP Home Edition OS and in the last few days my PC has been randomly freezing/locking up on me. I tired a system restore to try to correct the problem but that did not work. I thought perhaps I had a virus so ran mulitple virus scans, and nothing found.

I just d/l and ran the combo fix as a last resort, and once again, after about a halfh our my PC froze up on me and the only way to shut it down is to unplug from the electrical outlet.

A few times when it has locked up I also heard a long beep sound.

Any suggestion on how to fix would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:06 PM

Have a look in the Event Viewer for any errors at the time of the freezes.

To open the Event Viewer go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. Alternately, go to Start > Run and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Check in all the categories.

If you find an error that occurred at the time right-click on it and select properties. Copy the information in the window and post it back here.

How To Use the Event Viewer
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Skyler747

Skyler747
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:02 PM

Thank you for your reply.

Attached are the file logs I found with errors under the event viewer. Ivepasted a few of the details. There seems to be various details in errors/warnings properties.

Service control manager error says : Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7034
Date: 12/6/2009
Time: 5:55:13 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DG66ZND1
Description:
The MySQL service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

The McAfee Real-time Scanner service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

The configuration of the AdminConnection\TCP protocol in the SQL instance MSSMLBIZ is not valid.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:39 PM

Do any of these errors occur at the exact time of the freeze?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 Skyler747

Skyler747
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:56 PM

They appear to be the same time. Once the PC freezes I have to unplug and restart my pc. When I looked at the events viewer the times seems to match up with the freezes.

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:22 PM

Those errors don't mean much to me I'm afraid.

You could try reinstalling McAfee and running chkdsk.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users