Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus or Attack dont know what to do

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 chanman

chanman

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:01 PM

First off im running windows xp service pack 3 and just a month ago I had a member here clean out my computer and start fresh with new security and antivirus programs. Im use Malwarebytes, superanitvirus, and spybot to run occasional scans and im using avast as a full time system. Yesterday out fo the blue I went to open a program from the desktop and it said missing shortcut then I soon found out they were all missing. Avast suddenly popped up and said it found some trojan and deleted it with no problem so I did a restart and now its almost junk. After trying to boot windows 17 times it ran chkdsk everytime and took 3 hours each session it finally loaded windows after a whole load of missing files and segments it said it repaired. The major problem I have now is it still doesnt boot up right and I cannot use the mouse. I had to dig out another old computer that Im using now to send this topic but cannot figure out how to make the mouse start working on the other computer. Any help is appreciated and like I said I can start windows but cant do anything else cause the mouse will not work but once I figure that out I want to figure out what virus I have and clean it out. thanks.

*UPDATE*
Finally after several more attempts and chkdsk I got it to boot up in safe mode with networking and the mouse driver to load so it works. What should I start with to try and clean this up and get all my programs and computer back in order?

Edited by chanman, 06 December 2009 - 09:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users