Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with Combofix PLEASE

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ash0403

ash0403

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:31 PM

I have had a problem on my PC since December 1st and pulling my hair out! Hijacking, redirect... seems to be a really bad and new virus that is unnamed and that bleepingcomputer says that only "combofix" can remove. Ran combofix for more than 30 minutes and it is not advancing to anything beyond the "scanning for infected items, this usually doesn't take more than 10 minutes, if computer is badly infected it can easily double". I then received an error screen saying that "this program combofix may be compromised and you may have a virut, please download a fresh copy from bleepingcomputer.com". So I redownloaded and am still having the same problem... not advancing. Can anybody help, I have no idea what else to do.

Thank you!! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users