Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VNC connection problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 scouser_steve

scouser_steve

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 17 September 2004 - 03:55 AM

Hi!

I am trying to connect to a users laptop in Hong Kong from the UK to check setup etc. I am using Real VNC Viewer 4.0 and the user is using the client software. It worked three days ago, but now when I try to connect I get a blank black screen. Nothing has been changed on the client or on my machine. The only thing that has changed is the clients IP address (she is connecting through an ISP over a 6Mb line - dynamic IP address). She has an internet connection, we can contact her via MSN, everything else works except VNC. The users's system has been re-booted several times to see if this would sort it - but this hasn't worked.
I've looked at VNC's website, but this has not thrown anything up that may point to the problem.

Any ideas / suggestions?

Cheers!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 17 September 2004 - 11:18 PM

Did they install a firewall? Did they install XP Service Pack 2? That will automatically enable the windows xp firewall

#3 TedOb1

TedOb1

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 22 September 2004 - 11:48 PM

maybe youd have better luck using the jave applet and your web browser instead of the viewer. http://<ipaddy>:5800
never know!?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users