Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to remove Recycle bin Icon

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Raner

Raner

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:48 PM

Hey all : My O.S. is windows xp pro service pack-3,32 bit
I want to remove the Recycle bin Icon from desktop but I still want to be able to open the recycle bin to delete files,I am using Object dock to clean up my desktop and I works great but I have one icon left and that is the Recycle bin icon. I found some information as to how to delete the recycle icon but when I go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\
and delete this {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E} the icon is removed but the icon on Object dock does not work.I need to find a way to remove the icon from the desktop but still have a shortcut that the Object dock program and see.Thanks Raner

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Raner

Raner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:12 PM

Never mind guys and gals I found a way to make make it work just had to go to desktop properties and unchecked show Icons and that did it, thanks and have a nice day! later Raner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users