Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

front panel case fan question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dsa1971

dsa1971

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 12 August 2005 - 02:59 PM

I currently have this case The case has a front fan opening that would allow a fan to blow air over the hard drive cage. As you can see in the pictures, the front case cover does not have any holes that would really allow for the fan to pull air in. would it still be beneficial to add a case fan in the front fan opening to blow air over the hard drives? It would seem odd to have the front fan opening if a fan would not be usefull there.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 12 August 2005 - 04:12 PM

those 2 little slits are just there for looks? or is more than what the eye sees?

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2005 - 04:18 PM

Interesting case. Isn't there room under the front or somewhere for air to enter the front of the case? Are there rubber feet which keep the case spaced a bit off the bottom surface? Even if no other air source is available, there are side vents around the fan area that will allow air flow. Personally, I'd put in a front fan and see how it worked. You could try it with the fan plugged or unplugged to see what the difference was if you have some way to read the HD temp (Like Everest). Fans are cheap. (I usually use $5 Cooler Masters.)

#4 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 12 August 2005 - 05:05 PM

Usually if there is space for a fan, it will come with the case.

If you think you can squeeze one in there, and you have the appropriate amount of power connectors/motherboard slots. My case, has a very tight grill with many small holes and theres a fan right in front of the harddrives. I would totally reccomend snapping one in there.

#5 dsa1971

dsa1971
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2005 - 06:39 PM

those 2 little slits are just there for looks? or is more than what the eye sees?

those actually are not slits. they are the power and hard drive lights.

#6 dsa1971

dsa1971
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2005 - 06:42 PM

Usually if there is space for a fan, it will come with the case.

If you think you can squeeze one in there, and you have the appropriate amount of power connectors/motherboard slots. My case, has a very tight grill with many small holes and theres a fan right in front of the harddrives. I would totally reccomend snapping one in there.

a case fan blows air out the back but no fan came installed in the front but it's described as 8/9/12cm front panel opening and think one can be squeezed in there.

#7 dsa1971

dsa1971
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2005 - 07:36 PM

Interesting case. Isn't there room under the front or somewhere for air to enter the front of the case? Are there rubber feet which keep the case spaced a bit off the bottom surface? Even if no other air source is available, there are side vents around the fan area that will allow air flow. Personally, I'd put in a front fan and see how it worked. You could try it with the fan plugged or unplugged to see what the difference was if you have some way to read the HD temp (Like Everest). Fans are cheap. (I usually use $5 Cooler Masters.)

there is an opening at the bottom on the front panel below the front audio/usb ports so air can be pulled in from there I suppose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users