Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Corrupted sndvol32.exe

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jalilu

jalilu

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:09 AM

Hi,

I believe my sndvol32.exe file is corrupted, because the volume icon has disappeared from the task bar, despite that this file is still located in the system32\dllcache folder. Could anyone help me?

My OS is XP SP3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:23 AM

Have you tried checking your settings via the control panel? Open up the control panel...click on the icon for "sounds, blah,,,blah..."...Make sure that the box is checked to show volume icon in task bar...It may be that easy....
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#3 jalilu

jalilu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:45 AM

I already tried that. Got a message instructing me to go to Control Panel, open Add/Remove Windows Programs, etc. It was unsuccessful because the system can't find sndvol32.exe, although this file is present in the system

#4 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:15 PM

You may be able to use SFC to fix this problem...Instructions for usage are here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43051/how-to-use-sfcexe-to-repair-system-files/
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users