Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan soap

Ryan soap

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:47 AM

Hi I'm new and don't no if this topic is on here but I have windows xp and have recently been getting the blue screen with error code 0x00000050 and it will not start up in safe mode or normal mode. Can anyone help me fix this problem? I just called Microsoft and they want to charge me $100 to try and fix it. I no a little but not enough to fix this problem! Any help would be appreciated thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:08 AM

This is more times than not a "faulty RAM"or a "bad driver" issue...I would start there....

Stop 0x00000050 or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

The Stop 0x50 message indicates that requested data was not in memory. The system generates an exception error when using a reference to an invalid system memory address. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.

Possible Resolutions:

If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace the hardware to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the hardware manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.

Stop 0x50 messages can also occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If the file name is listed, you need to disable, remove, or roll back that driver. If not, disable the recently installed service or application to determine if this resolves the error. If this does not resolve the problem, contact the hardware manufacturer for updates. Using updated drivers and software is especially important for network interface cards, video adapters, backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools. If an updated driver is not available, attempt to use a driver from a similar device in the same family. For example, if printing to a Model 1100C printer causes Stop 0x50 errors, using a printer driver meant for a Model 1100A or Model 1000 might temporarily resolve the problem.

As you can see there are more than one thing that may be causing your issue...You may be able to find more answers about your errors here:

http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htm
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#3 Ryan soap

Ryan soap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:21 AM

How do I find any of that out if I can't get log on? I try getting on safe mode and normal but both go right back to the blue screen.

#4 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:41 AM

I would try to un-plug everything such as printers, external hard drives, usb devices...re-boot and see what happens. You can also download memtest86...copy it to a floppy or burn it to a CD (if you don't have a floppy drive)....Set bios boot sequence to reflect which ever medium you used to make your memtest disk and let it run several passes...If your memory doesn't pass the diagnostic then I would try and remove it one stick at a time to see if I could find the faulty module...If it is a bad driver issue it may be a little more difficult to troubleshoot...but if you unplug everything but the bare essentials...monitor, mouse,hard drive, keyboard and try to boot this may help resolve what may or may not be causing your issue. If you can successfully boot with just these things plugged in I would try to plug your printer, usb device, whatever...one at a time to single the faulty party....

#5 Ryan soap

Ryan soap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:48 AM

Ok I unplugged everything and blue screen still came up for normal with the 0x50 thing and safe mode did same except it came up with 0x7e error

#6 Ryan soap

Ryan soap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:49 AM

Also be4 it went out I was getting message that memory was full or something on that line and would not let me on net. If that helps any :thumbsup:

#7 Ryan soap

Ryan soap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:58 AM

I can get into the system settings and there is a load default that will let me restore factory defaults. Would that help?

#8 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:21 PM

I doubt that system defaults would do anything for you..I would try memtest...Download it here....What option you choose is up to you as far as floppy or ISO...I think that you have some issue with memory at this point...Memtest will tell you if you have memory failure issues...

http://www.memtest.org/

Edited by OldGrumpyBastard, 06 December 2009 - 12:23 PM.

#9 Ryan soap

Ryan soap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:25 PM

How can I download that? I am on my iPhone and can't get onto Internet on pc?

#10 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:35 PM

Most public libraries have computers with internet access...You may have family, friends, or neighbors that have computers with internet access...I don't fully know what else that I can recommend because I don't know your particular circumstances as far as internet access is involved...

#11 Ryan soap

Ryan soap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:41 PM

Sorry to keep bugging but if I get my wires laptop and download that on there. Then save it to a cd and then put it in my desktop, then it would work? Sorry :thumbsup:

#12 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:56 PM

Absolutely...What you will be doing is downloading a dignostic tool that you will load in the affected computer and restart it...Windows will not load...That is why in my previous post I stated that you will have to check your boot sequence (F2) on most computers during start-up...If you burn the ISO image to a CD (make sure that your CD burning software supports burning ISO images...There are several free versions available I personally use XP CD Burner)...just do a google search....If you have a floppy disk drive it is even less painful...just copy it to a floppy (again, you must make sure that your bios setting for boot sequence reflects booting from floppy first) and load it in and let it run the test.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users