Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need a new monitor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rhino1366

rhino1366

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:22 AM

Hi techs.,

So, my LG M2362D proved defective...

They gave me 14 days to try and change/return, and it died on 16'th day. Now, I'm trying to get my money back...

But, as for now, I want to ask you about a new one, that I'll get myself right after they'll give me be my money...

How about BenQ E2420HD? What you guys know about it? Is it any good? Its colors? Too bad, I couldn't find any info. about aspect ratio control, if it has any of such. Can it be emulated with some software? Which? And, is it really has a built-in microphone, as one of the shops are sayin'?

Any other suggestions? I'm looking into LG's, Samsung's, ASUS's and BenQ's side (etc.). Please, no Acers, etc..

Ok, thanks everyone. I'll be waiting on a reply... hope it won't be to long to wait.

That's it for this time,
rhino1366

P.S. It was September 2009 stock from Poland.

Edited by rhino1366, 06 December 2009 - 06:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:08 PM

Since you're not in the U.S. we cannot give you links to TigerDirect or Newegg since they don't ship there. I have a BenQ monitor that I really like. In the 24-inch range, the ASUS VK246H Black 24" is good.

3939.png

#3 rhino1366

rhino1366
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:16 AM

Thanks for the reply, mate...

You know, BenQ I respect... from E900, I've understood, that BenQ's E-series have a great colors-reproduction. By the way, which BenQ monitor do you have?

I like this E2420HD pretty much. It has all the ports I'll ever need (and even more - 4 USBs). It has, audio-in/audio-out, etc.. But, for playing good old games, that I don't want to forget, like Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire, Age of Mythology: The Titans (etc.) - I'll need a ARC (Aspect Ratio Control), because these games demand a good old 4:3.

So, since I've returned to the question - can ARC (mentioned above) be "emulated" with some software? Which is?

Thanks in advance! Will wait on your reply... others' replies are welcomed as well.

Cheers, :thumbsup:
rhino1366

P.S. The only thing I still can't understand, is that why BenQ decided to make the speakers 2x1.5W? Why not 2x2W (at least)?! Ohh, whatever...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users