Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Window's Update Error Code 643

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tberger

tberger

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:23 AM

I can't get Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update to install. When I download it, it stops and says "Some updates were not installed." Then is gives error code 643. Window's "help" tells me to "go online" to search for a solution. I did a google search and haven't found anything that's fixed it. any thoughts?

Tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:35 AM

Try the fix in the KB link below, it does not mention any specific update but it may do the trick. Use the entry relating to update not being installed.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902992/en-us

Hope this helps !

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#3 tberger

tberger
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:46 PM

I don't think the article you posted applied. I researched more but still not successful. The following is the update I'm trying to install: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951847
Ultimately I'm trying to install iTunes, but I keep getting a Windows installer not available message. I'm hoping this update corrects this.

#4 dimetri

dimetri

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:28 AM

Go to Microsoft download center,type in the number of the update in the search box & hit search
It will give the download.Download to your pc,right click he download & run as adminstrator.It worked for me,good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users