Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant get Westell 6100 to work with Linksys BEFSR41

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lulz

Lulz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:03 PM

I tried doing it the first time and sometimes it would show the two blue computers down at the bottom by the clock, but didn't show earth beside the two computers to indicate a connection. Once in awhile it would make the planet appear and say I was connected, but I had no internet access and couldn't browse so I plugged my modem back in. Anyways when I tried to setup by cd, it kept saying please make sure PC and Router are connected even though they were connected properly. Westell plug went in internet input. Second ethernet cable went from port 1 to pc. Anyways, can somebody teach me how to do this properly in layman's terms.

I have Verizon DSL if that helps

Edited by Lulz, 05 December 2009 - 11:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:28 AM

I am going to post a forum entry for you here. The second post down has 2 links(only the PPPoE one worked for me) use the PPPoE one if you have to use a user name and password inside the Westell. Not to get into the Westell, but the one Verizon might have given you to make the connection.

As long as you are in the Westell, look for its MAC address and write it down. You may or may not need it but have it just in case. They look like 00-11-D8-86-33-A0 or 0011-D886-33A0.

You had the right idea just needed a little more info = )

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 Lulz

Lulz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:01 AM

Sorry if I sound like a noob, but when I type in my ip it always takes me to a verizon site for setup. I got it to work, surprisingly all I did was change the linksys ip to 192.168.2.1, too bad I have a problem with the security now.

Edited by Lulz, 06 December 2009 - 03:53 AM.

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:12 PM

What kind of security?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users