Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Font question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Machelle

Machelle

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 12 August 2005 - 11:27 AM

I know it sounds stupid , but I lost a font that I was using , it's gone from everything I use , is there anyway I can find out if it was discontinued (if that even happens)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 12 August 2005 - 12:17 PM

Normally, your fonts are stored in the %windir%\fonts folder.

(replace the %windir% with the location of your Windows folder)

If it was a font that you added, and it is missing from the folder, you could install it again from CD or disk. File, Install New Font. See instructions from MS Support below( http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;314960 ):

Windows supports TrueType fonts or fonts that are specially designed for Windows, and these fonts are available commercially. Some programs also include special fonts that are installed as part of the program installation. Additionally, printers frequently come with TrueType or special Windows fonts. Follow the directions that come with these products to install these fonts.

To manually install or re-install a font: 1. Click Start, and then click Run. 
2. Type %windir%\fonts, and then click OK. 
3. On the File menu, click Install New Font. 
4. In the Drives box, click the drive that has the floppy or CD-ROM that contains the fonts you want to add. If you are installing fonts from a floppy disk, this is typically drive A or drive B. If you are installing the fonts from a compact disc, your CD-ROM drive is typically drive D. Double-click the folder that contains the fonts.
5. Click the font you want to add. To select more than one font at a time, press and hold down the CTRL key while you click each font. 
6. Click to select the Copy Fonts To Fonts Folder check box. The Windows\Fonts folder is where the fonts that are included with Windows are stored. 
7. Click OK. 

Hope that helps...
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users