Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore in Vista won't restore

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Konadan

Konadan

• Members
  • 261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:28 PM

No matter what restore point I pick, I get a message that no changes were made, and to pick another date. I have unchecked System Restore, and restarted and then checked again, but it doesn't help. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:40 PM

Turning off System Protection for a disk deletes all restore points for that disk. You cannot restore the disk until you turn on System Protection again and a restore point is created.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...store-on-or-off

#3 Konadan

Konadan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 261 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:25 PM

Thanks for the info. What I meant is: I was told to un-enable and enable System Restore to fix my problem. Thereafter, when I create restore points they will work. But that hasn't worked.

There must be something else that is keeping from restoring from a specific restore point. Is there a Service that is associated with System Restore?

#4 Konadan

Konadan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 261 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:20 PM

I believe I found what was wrong. Volume Shadow Copy Service was in Manual and not Started. I put it in Automatic and Started it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users