Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

fake iphones?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 nukie

nukie

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:29 PM

Okay so Im in the market for a new phone, and Im looking for cheaper costs than reliability so I went to Ebay.

So most of the phones were utter crud or out of my budget however two phones which kept coming up were the "I68+" and the "P05-I92". which seem like reasonable phones, for their price (only 50 bucks Australian). Now according to the description their practically fake Iphones from hong kong. Im pretty wary on how good they actually are and i was wondering if anyone knows any information about it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:54 AM

well if it was me
i would only buy phones from trusted sources

fake iphones lol
your choice but i don't recommend

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:46 PM

Look for a SciPhone. :blink:

SciPhone
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#4 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:37 AM

Review here: http://home.comcast.net/~plutarch/Sciphone-i68.html

Pretty much all the google results for P05-I92 were ebay listings =/

#5 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:54 PM

I have seen lots of cheap chinese cellphones.
They are cheap but have two problems -
1. Sometime they don't follow any standard like electromagnetic radiation standard.
2. Sometime they don't have inside what is advertised on the box. For example, I bought a 5MP camera cellphone but found out it was 1.3 MP.

#6 yazjimen

yazjimen

• Banned Spammer
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:09 PM

Funny how can technology cheat another technology. Iphones being the one of the most sophisticated cellphone can be copied. I would suggest to buy on reliable source.

Edited by boopme, 29 December 2009 - 10:31 AM.

#7 proteus2004

proteus2004

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:59 AM

Funny how can technology cheat another technology. Iphones being the one of the most sophisticated cellphone can be copied. I would suggest to buy on reliable source.

not sure that being popular makes you the most sophisticated. lol. I would agree the name brand phones will work better longer.
"Those who can command themselves, command others" - Hazlitt

#8 carri

carri

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:38 PM

I had to smile to myself when I read that you heard about fake iphones from Hong Kong because very recently, my son and his friend were determined to buy one of these cheaper phones not knowing that they were cheaper at the time. This fella who goes abroad a lot was selling n97s and iphones for 150:00 which is substancially cheaper than anything we had seen. The guy used the line that because he had bought them abroad and it was cheaper he was able to sell them to us cheaper.

I wasn't convinced, but my son and his friend arranged to buy one of the phones each. To cut a long story short - make SURE that you have some kind of insurance cover for any phone you buy, and check the phone's usability before you part with any cash.

My son was lucky that I and his dad were able to go find the guy who sold him a fake phone and get his money back! Not being nasty, but if you have been told its a fake from Hong Kong - don't buy it! Like Romeo says they are unreliable, have connectivity issues and not worth spending anything on them.
Posted Image
Hug someone today and get on their nerves!

#9 rachelm920

rachelm920

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:01 PM

There is one website Chinavasion.com that offers iphone clones that are supposedly the able to work with any GSM carrier... There are quite a few comments from all over the world from customers praising their phones... not sure if its a setup or not.

Another site is light in the box..

Both these sites have similar phones to ebay at a fraction of the price...just a suggestion... BTW if you're in the US craigslist is always an option LOL
Have a great day!
Rachel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users