Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unauthorized Intrusion

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 phiral1618

phiral1618

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:07 PM

Hi everyone. Im new but I have been reading the forum quite a bit.

I wanna pick some peoples brains about someone who's being spied on. Her ex-husband installed a keylogger on her ooter and I found and removed it...but then he broke into her house (crazy right?) and was on her computer again and I was wondering what she could do and how I can help her find out what he did if anything. She is not computer savvy but I am. I'm looking for any kind of advice ranging from settings or logs to check to software suggestions to...authorities to report it to? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:39 PM

If he broke into HER House,as you claim,It's Break and Enter,so it's a Police Matter. :thumbsup:

I would stay right out of this,Friend or no Friend.

#3 phiral1618

phiral1618
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:02 PM

thats probably the wisest advice lol.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:41 PM

If he broke into her house as you say, it is a police matter. Anything you do could compromise valuable evidence. I don't think you want to be involved in a criminal trial. Let the proper authorities handle this. Leave the computer alone and let them find the evidence.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:06 AM

If he broke into her house as you say, it is a police matter. Anything you do could compromise valuable evidence. I don't think you want to be involved in a criminal trial. Let the proper authorities handle this. Leave the computer alone and let them find the evidence.

Explained very well,as usual,Animal. :thumbsup:

phiral1618 We all want to help our friends,however in these types of situations,helping can really come back to bite you.

Speaking from personal experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users