Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I disable HP Solution Center?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PoweredByGoogle

PoweredByGoogle

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 06:48 PM

On my work computer every time you print something or log onto an account on the computer the HP Solution Center pops up and offers dumb tips or says that the document has printed. How do I disable this it is very annoying. I have looked in the settings in the solution center and checked MSconfig. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_computersplus_*

Guest_computersplus_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:14 PM

In the Solution Center box that opens look at the bottom there should be a place that says show this on startup or something to that effect there should be a small box that you can uncheck also recheck msconfig again there is usually several entries for HP devices you may have missed it uncheck all that pertain to HP then you can re-enable them one at a time till you sort it out hope this helps

#3 PoweredByGoogle

PoweredByGoogle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:23 PM

In Msconfig the only one left running is HP printer driver, if I disable that the printer stops working, could not find anything to disable it from its self.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:29 PM

Maybe
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...check-in-vista/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 PoweredByGoogle

PoweredByGoogle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:35 PM

I figured out how to do it, Uninstalled all HP software, downloaded driver only plugged in printer then when it asked for driver I located the driver I downloaded and installed it that way. Works now

#6 Guest_computersplus_*

Guest_computersplus_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:38 PM

HP printer software has gotten so out of hand I always prefer not to use any install disc lie what you did install driver only good call on your part the only part of any printer software I like is the ink level that is handy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users