Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I set all folders on the computer to align by grid?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PoweredByGoogle

PoweredByGoogle

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 06:39 PM

Someone messed with our work computer and went into like 200 folders and choose to not allign folders or items to grid so now most items are overlapping or thrown all around in folders. Is there a way to set all folders on the computer to allign by Grid so that I don't have to do it in each folder? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_computersplus_*

Guest_computersplus_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:10 PM

Go to "Control Panel" then "Folder Options" then on all tabs click "Restore Defaults"

#3 PoweredByGoogle

PoweredByGoogle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:15 PM

Great, thanks I've been using windows for along time and never knew that lol

#4 Guest_computersplus_*

Guest_computersplus_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:22 PM

no problem glad i could help

#5 PoweredByGoogle

PoweredByGoogle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:37 AM

For some reason when I set to default now they all want to auto arrange and I dont want that. I just want it to show as Thumbnails and align to grid. I went in and told it to use this setting for all folders and it said it worked but it did not. any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users