Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen of death with text I don't quite understand? Pics included.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Versani

Versani

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:55 PM

I've had this problem for about a year now. I restarted my computer from factory settings (kind of) after getting a virus. Even though I removed the virus, the computer wouldn't get to start up, and would keep giving me a blue screen. I've gotten 3 different blue screens atleast, but one of them I took a photo of and I want to end this. It's rather annoying when I try to just surf the net and the computer randomly crashes and I get this screen... here is the picture.

Posted Image

Now I understand what it says, but I don't understand what it means... help?

Also sometimes my computer would just shut down and then the monitor wouldn't come back on and say VGA input "no status" and then just shut off.

Help ! =(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,086 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:17 PM

http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htm, click on 50 in left column.

Could be many things.

Probably the best thing to do (after enabling visibility for all system/hidden files and file extensions) is to do a search for any .dmp files.

How to see hidden files in Windows - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-see-hidden-files-in-windows/

If any are found, then try to follow the procedures spelled out at Help Diagnosing BSODs And Crashes (BC) - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/

Have you done a series of thorough malware checks?

Are all critical updates installed?

Louis

#3 Versani

Versani
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:20 PM

I have done malware checks with Malwarebytes, Superanti Spyware and Spybot Search and Destroy. Yesterday in fact. Nothing was found. And actually I don't know if I have critical updates, I see the little yellow shield and I clicked it and it just wants to install a Malicious Remover for Windows...
I have service pack 3

Edited by Versani, 05 December 2009 - 10:25 PM.

#4 Guest_computersplus_*

Guest_computersplus_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:53 PM

two common causes

1. rootkit infection
2. bad ram

I would do a full format and reinstall and see what happens if this still happens check your ram

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:22 PM

Such errors are commonly caused by hardware or driver failures. Have you recently installed a new (or updated version of a) antivirus program, hardware device, or driver?

#6 Versani

Versani
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:43 PM

No. I have had these problems for the longest time. I don't know what started it. I think it's because I don't have enough RAM... I have 958MB and about 1.4k of virtual memory but commonly at start up the computer would get the error or in the middle of doing something. Would getting new RAM fix my problem, or even taking the current RAM out, and replacing it back in? I don't have Malware, I suspect it is the RAM...

Is there a test to see if it's my RAM?

Thank you for the help btw.

#7 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:11 AM

You can test your RAM with this:

http://www.memtest.org/
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users