Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how do i clear this virus?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rkr1991

rkr1991

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:39 PM

i just got a virus on my computer so im using my moms to write this......i have windows vista and had already downloaded avg and malware bits (the free version) the virus came up and for some reason nasty sites will pop-up but i cant get anything else to come up. when i put in disks that have a virus cleaner on it, it automatically infects the files so how do download somthing that wont get infected before i get a chance to run the file? thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 azfreetech

azfreetech

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:58 PM

What I normally do is use Rkill to stop the rootkit processes that start when the computer comes on. Then I run the Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware. Here are some DL links for the Rkill....

LINK 1
LINK 2
LINK 3
LINK 4

Save it to your desktop and then double click to launch it (With Vista you need to right click and select run as administrator). You should see a little black window open and then close. If you see that box then it worked. If you don't see the black box then delete the file and use another download link and repeat the steps.

Once it runs you should be able to run Malwarebytes. Make sue it is up to date first! After that I would run SUPERAntiSpyware as well. and then run a full virus scan.
DJ Digital Gem

I gave up on computers and now I just DJ!

#3 rkr1991

rkr1991
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:08 PM

What I normally do is use Rkill to stop the rootkit processes that start when the computer comes on. Then I run the Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware. Here are some DL links for the Rkill....

LINK 1
LINK 2
LINK 3
LINK 4

Save it to your desktop and then double click to launch it (With Vista you need to right click and select run as administrator). You should see a little black window open and then close. If you see that box then it worked. If you don't see the black box then delete the file and use another download link and repeat the steps.

Once it runs you should be able to run Malwarebytes. Make sue it is up to date first! After that I would run SUPERAntiSpyware as well. and then run a full virus scan.

i tried them all and the box popped up and went away but it still wont let me do anything

Edited by rkr1991, 05 December 2009 - 05:55 PM.

#4 azfreetech

azfreetech

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:26 PM

Well, you can try safemode first. To access safemode gently tap F8 while the computer reboots and then select safemode with networking from the list. See if you can install, update and run Malwarebytes from there. If so remove what it finds and then install, update and run SUPERAntiSpyware. If you can do these two things I would then update your antivirus and run it, removing what it finds as well.

Let me know what happens......
DJ Digital Gem

I gave up on computers and now I just DJ!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users