Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

At a loss

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 reyno21

reyno21

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:56 PM

My daughter's laptop is messed up and I don't know how to fix it. Can someone please help?
I can log on to the net no problem, but when I log in to facebook, the heading is there showing me logged in, but the rest of the page is blank. I can click and go to my profile, look at photo albums, but i can't go to my inbox or my home page. ????
I can log in to my online banking but I just get the overview page. If I try to go to one of my accounts or pay a bill, etc., nothing happens when I click on the appropriate spot.
Same with anything like hotmail, or windows updates.....the page is blank. When I go to kijiji.ca and for instance look at a rental property, I can't click on the arrows to advance to the next picture, and if I click on the map feature, it's a blank page.
Many more instances like this.

She is running XP Pro, version 2000, service pack 3.
There is AVG free, version 9.0.709 and Advanced SystemCare Free 3.4.1

I reset all the internet explorer settings back to default. (IE 7)

I am not a tech, and I have no idea what to try next. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,017 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:30 PM

Running two anti virus programs may be the cause, try shutting one or the other down see if that helps.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 reyno21

reyno21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:09 PM

I have uninstalled both programs. Uninstalled and re-installed the latest JAVA. uninstalled adobe reader (which now I can't seem to re-install)
still the same.
i think it's something between java and internet explorer. it seems that the pages that don't load are java run???
i'm not very technical so I don't really know.
I can't download anything ADOBE. when I click to download, it just looks like it's going to start and then it just sits on the same page.
I really don't know what to do.

#4 reyno21

reyno21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:46 PM

I tried to go to Microsoft support and I searched but couldn't find an answer. When I click to go to the Update Manager, the page is blank and it says 'done' at the bottom.
When I gave up and clicked on the link to get support now by phone or email, it is the same thing. The header is all there, but the main part of the page is blank, yet the status says 'done'. I'm never getting any error messages.
I am ready to pull my hair out and throw this laptop out the window!!!!

Can anyone please help me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users