Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IObit toolbar - connot uninstall

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Vakayaker

Vakayaker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:27 PM

I can't get the IObit toolbar to go away. I uninstalled IObit and tried the Mozilla removal tool. It does not come up on IE. I have uninstalled firefox and reinstalled. On anothe forum, it was suggested that you go to program files Iobit Unwise.exe. Unwise.exe is not there.

Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fredvries

fredvries

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:42 AM

You could try our new program BitRemover 1.0 that is specifically designed to remove every last bit of debris that is left after uninstalling a product from IObis.

It also has an option to remove the IObit Conduit Toolbar.

More info and download here.

Edited by fredvries, 08 December 2009 - 08:43 AM.

#3 Keith Parker

Keith Parker

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:43 PM

You could try our new program BitRemover 1.0 that is specifically designed to remove every last bit of debris that is left after uninstalling a product from IObis.

It also has an option to remove the IObit Conduit Toolbar.

More info and download here.

Using window7 x64, this tool does not work for me. I installed the toolbar as a bundle with their Advanced SystemCare™ PRO software, which I have already uninstalled by way of the control panel. I then went to http://iobitcom.ourtoolbar.com/help/#4_2 for help. They had this to say:

I can’t uninstall the IObitCom toolbar.

1. Visit the IObitCom toolbar's download page and reinstall the toolbar.
2. Restart your computer.
3. Uninstall the toolbar again.

If you still experience the problem, please contact our Support Center.

However, the toolbar will not install because of the previous one that will not uninstall!!! Still searching the net for a quick fix.

#4 Keith Parker

Keith Parker

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:54 PM

UPDATE:
I did a registry search for "iobit" and found three entries. I deleted them all, including any that listed "conduit". One of the entries listed a file location inside my account (user/<name>/AppData/Roaming/... I forget the rest), I used that information to locate any "iobit" and "conduit" references on my hard drive. I deleted all that I found, started Firefox (it was closed while I was doing this), and all traces of it was gone. I also deleted empty folders.

Look inside your Roaming and Local folders for your files.
ie: user/<name>/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/<letters&numbers>.default/extensions/<choose your extension folder>

The extension folder on my system that contained references to conduit was {31c7d459-9cc3-44f2-9dca-fc11795309b4} it could possibly be the same on your system, but you should double check just to be safe.

Go inside the folder and using a text editor, open the file install.rdf and look for <em:name>IObitCom Toolbar</em:name>. This will be the name of the addon for that folder. The install.rdf file also listed conduit.com as the <em:homepageURL>. When you find the correct folder, delete it and everything in it.

#5 kenrussell2118

kenrussell2118

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:22 AM

In Windows 7 you need to right click on the Firefox Icon and select Run as Administrator. You will then be able to uninstall without any problem.

This is because Firefox is not a Microsoft program, unlike IE.

I battled to find a solution for months and then asked my son and he had the answer :thumbsup:

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users