Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PERFECT WORLD minimising to desktop from full screen mode

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NOTSOperfectworld

NOTSOperfectworld

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:25 PM

Hi all you guru's out there, I am running xp with avg antivirus 9 with nvidia graphics card. I have updated all the drivers to try to fix this problem. Oh the problem, right, well.. when playing perfect world on full screen the screen goes black and then the game minimises to the task bar, i click on the icon and it restores. This happens every 20 minutes or so. If i play in windowed mode it doesnt do it but the game freezes every 10 minutes unless there is constant mouse activity. This only seems to have started happening since i upgraded to avg version 9. Could it be this program causing it and if so can you recommend another RELIABLE free antivirus program. Also i was unable to do a system restore, could this all be connected.
I thank you in anticipation that you can help as you know far more than me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:32 PM

Have a look at this:

http://forums.avg.com/us-en/avg-free-forum...ow&id=40443

Avast Home Edition is pretty good, although it suffered problems recently;
luck of the draw, really.