Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

McAfee Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Christyjmj

Christyjmj

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:37 PM

Okay.... here is my problem....

About 6-10xs a day, for the past three weeks, my McAfee Security center will tell me that I need fix something (my computer and files and E-mail and IM need to be fixed) I click on the "fix" button and at the same time a bubble will pop up telling me that widows security center is reporting my virus protection is off. So, I click on the bubble and Windows Security Center will open and it will say Virus Protection OFF. Within a few mins it turns back on and everything is running fine. Ten mins later, this happens again.

That's it.

I tried running McAfee Virtual Technician but, it could not detect any McAfee products, so I gave up.

Hope someone can help cuz I'm about to go nuts, Thanks!

Edited by Christyjmj, 05 December 2009 - 01:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:16 PM

Try reinstalling McAfee?

#3 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:30 PM

Aside from the possibility that McAfee just needs to be reinstalled, it is possible that some virus or malware is causing McAfee to do that and is shutting it down. Try scanning with SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes

#4 Christyjmj

Christyjmj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:50 AM

Aside from the possibility that McAfee just needs to be reinstalled, it is possible that some virus or malware is causing McAfee to do that and is shutting it down. Try scanning with SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes

That thought crossed my mind too. I ran Malwarebytes full scan and came up with nothing.

I will try re-installing it if I can find my disk :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users