Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer will not even turn on, shuts off in safe mode-- Viruses unknown

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 doclovesorganix

doclovesorganix

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:42 PM

I suddenly had a virus that started to run 'AntiVirus Live' and would not allow me to open up any of my applications. After it was done scanning for infections it asked if I wanted to remove them, and upon clicking yes took me to a bogus site to pay for the program. It shut off my AntiVir so I decided to restart my computer in safe mode. If I try to put it in safe mode, the computer bluescreens and shuts off. If I allow it to reboot itself, it gets to my password entry page and bluescreens and shuts off. What on earth do I do now??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 azfreetech

azfreetech

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:13 PM

If this is a desktop PC and you have a working desktop handy, pull the infected hard drive and slave it on to the known working desktop. Run scans with Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware, clear what they find and then if possible scan the drive with your antivirus software as well. That's what I would do.....
DJ Digital Gem

I gave up on computers and now I just DJ!

#3 Guest_computersplus_*

Guest_computersplus_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 December 2009 - 06:38 PM

You could also try a bootable repair disc like hirens boot CD V10 if you can't slave it to another machine.

here is a link to some other rescue cd's

http://www.techmixer.com/free-bootable-ant...-download-list/

good luck

#4 azfreetech

azfreetech

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:50 PM

The only problem I have found with the Hirens is that the AV software is out of date, even with the newest version which is the 10. All in all though it's a good suggestion :thumbsup: and it's worth a shot!
DJ Digital Gem

I gave up on computers and now I just DJ!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users